Tēnā koutou

Saturday 9 March 2013

Renato


Chris and Amy (I work with Amy) took me out Renato Vineyard for a picnic and wine tasting.  I'm glad they took me because I don't think I would have found the place in my own.  The vineyard is close to Mapua and has come spectacular vistas of Tasman Bay.  They use over 35 km of netting to protect the grapes from birds.

Chris and Amy enjoying the picnic (but Chris is thinking about a beer).




The tasting room.

Renato Pinot Noir and Merlot



The weather has been great for the vineyards but no so much for the farmers.  The north island is under severe drought conditions and its heading south, which is strange considering New Zealand is essentially two, admittedly large, islands.  Rain is currently forecast for Nelson on Thursday.



No comments:

Post a Comment