Tēnā koutou

Monday 4 February 2013

Boulder


This morning I went out geocaching at the Boulder Bank Scenic Reserve.  The Boulder Bank, stretching from just north of Atawhai back toward Nelson, is about 14 km long and not terribly wide. Its a great place to go for a stroll, paddle in the water, walk the dog, watch the ships . . . and geocache.

The water is beautiful and there are a few interesting things to see and enjoy.

The water is very blue.

Nautical markers.


Cairn

The dark surface mass on the right side of the picture is a cargo ship heading in to Port Nelson.

I stayed along the entrance to the bank and headed away from Nelson.  Next visit I'll head the other direction.  There is a lighthouse to see which is no longer in service. I guess that's OK because I have not heard of any shipwrecks since I've been here, and I'm absolutely sure if there was one, the Nelson Mail would be there to cover the story.  Unless it was on a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment