Tēnā koutou

Friday 1 February 2013

Art

Nelson is quite a bohemian town.  Lots of art, crafts, music and alternative people.  There are sculptures to be seen throughout the city.  Here are a few examples:

This is "Nau mai ki tōku Āhuru Mōwai,"which translates to "Welcome to my safe home to my sheltered haven."  I have also heard this called "The Cheese Grater," but it looks like a sea fan to me.


This is called "Dance to the Music of Time."  It is also known as the Giant Asparagus.

"Reef Knot"  Its actually named after what it looks like.

Technically, this may not be art, but I find it aesthetically pleasing. This is the pavilion at the Miyazu Garden.

This piece (these pieces?) are next to the parking lot at the local Fresh Choice supermarket. Not sure what the name is, but it might be "Food for Thought."  I call it The Triffids.

Art is not for everyone, but I like the sculptures of Nelson.  They are fun to discuss, and make excellent waypoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment